The Board of Selectmen functions as the town’s executive branch and as the agent to carry out the actions of the town’s legislative branch, the town meeting.
The Selectmen handle all assessing information and questions: the deeds, assessing cards, maps, abatements, current use, tax exemptions, tax credits, timber, excavation, address changes, ownership changes and tax warrants, refunds. The also handle building permits, health issues, public welfare and the prudential affairs of the town.
Questions on these topics can be answered by the Select Board or by the Administrative Assistant by posing the question in writing, or in person by appointment at a Select Board meeting or by making an appointment with the Administrative Assistant, 603-357-0320, who can research the answers to questions as needed.
The term of office for the Selectmen is for three years from the date of the March Town Meeting.
Current Selectman and Term Ending Date
Mark A. Farkas 2022
Timothy C. May 2021 Chairman
Sally Struble 2021
Meetings are Held
1st and 3rd Monday of the month, 6pm until the close of business
at the town office 650 Route 10, Gilsum, NH, 03448
Gilsum Selectmen’s Agenda
Monday, February 1, 2021
Call to order
Accept minutes from last meeting/Approve Checks
- Highway Department Report
- Other Departments (by request to be placed on the agenda or by Chairman approval)
- Ayer Question about Assessment
- Budget Preparation 2021- any questions?
- Personnel Policy Update – Health Insurance Cost share employer/employee – vote
- IRA increase – vote
- Routine Mail, if any
- Town Meeting Schedule or Postpone? Emergency Order #83
- Setup polls
- Abatement Recommendation – Sundaramurthy
- Marr Abatement Recommendation (if received)
Monday 6PM TBD